SuperiorPRO Exteriors is committed to quality painting services, application procedures and products. In the event of a warranty claim, we, at SuperiorPRO Exteriors apologize in advance for any inconvenience. For a period of two years from the date of completion of the work described in your contract, SuperiorPRO Exteriors will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship.
In the event of a warranty claim, the customer is required to perform the following:
- Provide a copy of the original painting or staining contract.
- Contact us within the warranty period and as soon as the painting or staining defect is known so as not to cause additional damage to the substrate.
- Show proof that the agreed proposal agreement was paid in full.
Upon receiving a customer’s warranty service request, SuperiorPRO Exteriors will:
- Inspect and evaluate the validity of the warranty claim.
- Should the warranty claim be approved, SuperiorPRO Exteriors will service the claim to include the labor and materials, including supervision, to oversee the correction of the work.
- SuperiorPRO Exteriors does not offer any monetary compensation for warranty claims.
SuperiorPRO Exteriors will warrant against peeling, chipping or blistering of the newly applied paint or stain which can be the result of poor or improper workmanship.
Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of this Contract.
The following is not covered by this warranty:
- Any work where SuperiorPRO Exteriors did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Any work where the labor was not performed by SuperiorPRO Exteriors
- Paint failure due to rotted wood, structural defects, water damage, moisture intrusion, mold, mildew or failure of previous paint coatings and insect infestation.
- Surfaces made of or containing galvanized metal.
- Horizontal painted or stained surfaces on exteriors i.e. decks, deck surfaces like tops of railings, stairs and porch floors or any surface that permits moisture to collect because of their specific design.
- Varnished surfaces on the exterior of the building
- Acts of God (i.e. Hail and/or storm damage)
- Brush marks, roller texture, fading, chalking, rust stains or tannin bleed caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Chipped or cracked paint due to abuse or “wear and tear”
- Peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
mill-glazing from smooth cedar;
ordinary wear and tear;
abnormal use or misuse;
abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases;
damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of the Contractor;
On interior surfaces:
- Cracks, nail pops, or imperfections in drywall, plaster or wood;
- Cracks will be properly prepared as indicated at time of job, but will not be covered under this warranty.
- Cracks that occur in drywall, plaster, or wood after completion of painting